Broome Inspired Luxury Linen Clothing
Passion, Quality & Style Sewn Together
Love Linen born in Broome Western Australia, was created with a passion for local Australian made sustainable and ethnically produced clothing, beautifully made and designed with integrity. These days the clothing market is rife with an over production of under-quality clothing with short life spans. We feel it is our responsibility to look towards the future and continually create sustainable and earth friendly ways of production.
- Linen uses more than 7 x less water than cotton production -
- Linen gets softer and silkier with every wash - cotton deteriorates -
- In Australia, 92% of clothes sold in Australia are imported. (Choice 2014) -
- In Australia we send $5 million dollars worth of clothing to the tip every year -
"It is our responsibility to look towards the future and create sustainable and earth friendly ways of production."
What we stand for:
- Ethical quality Australian made clothing - made well to last - made fairly under fair working conditions
- Shop small local business with big hearts - for a sustainable future
- Timeless design, elegance to feel great in and to keep always - slow fashion
- Unique and limited - we specialise in short runs, we only make a few
- Sweating it up wearing plastic - Linen is the best natural fiber to wear in hot and humid climates
- No more microfibers - linen is the most sustainable and earth friendly natural fiber
- True style and grace - wearing linen does not mean wearing a bag or looking old fashioned!
- Earth friendly - linen is natures most durable and best biodegradable and recyclable natural fiber
- Join us for slow sustainable fashion through a love of linen X
- Polyester production emitted about 706 billion kg (1.5 trillion pounds) of greenhouse gases in 2015 equivalent of the annual emissions of 185 coal-fired power plants. (World Resources Institute 2017) -
- Over 50% of workers within the fashion industry are not paid the minimum wage in countries like India and the Philippines. (Global Fashion Agenda 2017) -
- Nearly three-fifths or 60% of all clothing produced ends up in incinerators or landfills within a year of being made. (McKinsey 2016) -
"Wear what you love, linen luxury, conscious elegance, everyday"
Our goal is to create clothing of true quality, style, designed and produced to last a life time. Clothing is also something we believe you should feel good in - design, quality and our carefully chosen linen fabric itself, all come together to achieve this. Linen can be perceived as old fashioned and boring - we are aiming to change this through our design and pushing the boundaries, so much is possible!
Our focus is also short run production. As well as supporting Australian made and ethnically produced clothing, you will have something truly unique and limited in your wardrobe.
- About 1,900 synthetic plastic microfibers per garment are released when washed and due to its tiny sizes and shapes, aren’t caught in waste water treatment and enter our oceans. (Browne et al. 2011a) -
- It takes about 2,720 litres of water to produce just one cotton shirt – a number equivalent to what an average person drinks over three years. (EJF) -
- Researchers anticipate the industry’s water consumption will increase by 50% by 2030 as cotton producers are located in countries suffering water stress, such as China and India. (Global Fashion Agenda 2017) -
Born in beautiful Broome, Western Australia, our clothing are specifically designed and suited for the Australian climate, easy to wear elegant breathable and timeless pieces. Our creations are to feel good in whether within your corporate wear, at the end of your day, for weekend wear or something truly comfortable and stylish for your next getaway. Our clothing are designed for ease and style and can be dressed up or down, over beach wear or to an evening dinner. Our clothing will become your go-to comfortable yet stylish essentials.
At Love Linen we believe when you are dressed well you feel good, we value quality lifestyle and enjoying the simple pleasures in life. Clothes tell a lot about a person; they reveal one's personality, values, habits and lifestyle. Wearing linen garments shows one's admiration of naturalness, simplicity and healthier way of living. At the same time, it makes a person stand out in the crowd.
We love to hear your feedback so please do not hesitate to contact us.
We hope we have brought love into your world through our love of linen.
Founder and Designer
- It takes about 170,000 litres of water to grow a kilogram of wool. (Julian Cribb ‘The Coming Famine‘ 2010) -
- Polyester and cotton dominate the global textiles and fibre market, 51% and 24% respectively (Lenzing, 2017) -
- Approximately 300 million people who produce cotton are still living in poverty. (Fairtrade 2017) -